Sunday 24 December 2017

Welcome our GDT Jacki Daniels ...

Again here at Love 2 Create we are very priviledged to have another guest designer sharing their talent with us and this week it is the wonderful Jacki Daniles. You can check out her blog HERE.

* * * * * * * * * *

Jacki Daniels I live in Oldbury West Midlands UK, I’m 49 and
I have been card making for about 10 years now I started after I had an accident at work that made me unable to work and very noise sensitive. I needed a hobby and started off cross stitching which I loved but the finished product could take months to complete and I’m a very impatient person lol. So I brought a magazine about card making and was hooked, I love colouring - my favourite medium is pencils - I‘ve never taken any classes everything I have learned has been from youtube or blogs. I love mixed media work and have dabbled a little and made a few pieces I’m still learning and it’s something I want to do more of.

Image may contain: 1 person, glasses and close-up

Here is the fabulous project Jacki has created for Love 2 Create ...

 * * * * * * * * * *

As my week is coming up to Christmas I decided to make a Christmas canvas.
 
I started with a blank 8x10” canvas and coated with gesso then added a sheet of Christmas paper - from one of the many collections over at Polkadoodles. I tore the edges of the paper so it would blend better when painted and there would be any harsh lines. 
 
Then I  added so texture using some star and snowflake stencils I added some dotty texture as well. Then I added some circles by cutting lengths off the centre piece from some tin foil (you know the cardboard middle bit) I dipped that into the texture paste (homemade) and added it here and there to the canvas.
 
 
I then went all over with a thin coat of gesso to tone everything down I then started to add ink and paint to the canvas (distress stain and oxide inks and starlight acrylic paints). When I was happy(ish) with the inking I decided to move onto my tree (knowing I could go back in and add more colour if I wanted to once it was all in place) So taking sheets from different Christmas collections I printed them off then cout them into sections so I could roll them into straw like tubes.
 
 
This was the basic shape for my tree I just had to adjust the sizes of the straws to get smaller as they went up to the top. Once they were done I needed a base so I hand cut a pot shape from white card then using brown distress and oxide inks I went to town colouring it, once happy I shaped it and glued it to my canvas then added the straws to make the tree.
 
I wasn’t sure what to put at the top of the tree I did think about a star and something but then decided on a bronzey coloured bow and also thought I’d add one the pot as well. I then went back in with my inks and paint to add some dimension to the tree and I also added some die cut snowflakes that I covered with frontage, I also added some to the canvas. I finished off with a sentiment from one of the papers I just cut out and embossed with clear powder then added splats of paint and ink.
 
So there you have my Christmas canvas I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed making it and I’ll see you soon.
 
* * * * * * * * * *
 
WOWswers what a fabulous project and description and again many thanks to Jacki for joining in with us.

Have a fabulous Christmas everyone and our current challenge is still open until the 31st December, so if you have the time, please do play along with us.


Image result for Merry christmas from us all png


from us all at

Love 2 Create

1 comment:

  1. Jacki your CHristmas Canvas is just wonderfull, love it xxx

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your feedback so please feel free to leave the team a comment below - we love reading them!